In the men’s National Team Championships, teams in the “G” division compete for the Hawthorn Cup.
The Hawthorn Cup is named for Robert Hawthorn. A standout squash and tennis player at Fordham, Hawthorn became the head squash coach in 1956, a position he has held for over fifty years. Under Hawthorn, who also coaches tennis, the Rams won the Summers Cup in 1989 and the Conroy Cup in 1995 at the National Team Championships. Hawthorn was the first recipient of the Men’s College Squash Lifetime Achievement Award, and he was inducted into the Men’s College Squash Hall of Fame in 2005.
HAWTHORN CUP WINNERS (COACH):
- 2009: Lafayette University*
- 2010: Lafayette University*
- 2011: Washington University in St. Louis*
- 2012: Boston University*
- 2013: College of Charleston*
- 2014: Bryant University* (John Wilson)
- 2015: Swarthmore College*
- 2016: Colgate University*
- 2017: Northwestern University*
* Club Program