Hatfield, MA — Today, the sixth Dunlop Men's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
The top four positions were shaken up with Yale’s losses to Rochester and Columbia and Columbia’s victory over Rochester. Columbia jumps up to the 2nd ranking position, followed by Rochester and Yale.
There appears to be incredible parity amongst the teams in the 23rd – 28th positions. These teams have been trading matches throughout the season. This week, Colby and Bowdoin defeated Wesleyan, Bowdoin defeated Hamilton, and Hobart edged Bowdoin. For this week, Colby takes the 23rd position, followed by Hobart, Bowdoin, Wesleyan, Hamilton, and Tufts.
As a reminder, the College Squash Association has three ranking phases per season:
- Preseason: CSA varsity coaches will vote on the top-25 varsity teams for the preseason ranking. The Ranking Chair and the Executive Administrator will determine the remaining varsity ranking positions.
- Manual Rankings (November – January 24th): The Executive Administrator and the Ranking Chair will rank all varsity teams manually.
- Computerized Rankings (January 25th – Team Championships): The College Squash Association will rank teams that have played at least five matches utilizing the Elo ranking methodology. If needed, the Ranking Chair may adjust a non-varsity team’s ranking position.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the Dunlop Men's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of 1/15/2017. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Trinity College (1)
- Columbia University (5)
- Rochester, University of (3)
- Yale University (2)
- Harvard University (4)
- Drexel University (6)
- Pennsylvania, University of (7)
- St. Lawrence University (8)
- Dartmouth College (9)
- Cornell University (10)
- Princeton University (11)
- George Washington University (12)
- Franklin & Marshall College (13)
- Western Ontario, University of (14)
- Naval Academy (15)
- Middlebury College (16)
- Brown University (17)
- Bates College (18)
- Williams College (19)
- Amherst College (20)
- MIT (21)
- Dickinson College (22)
- Colby College (24)
- Hobart College (27)
- Bowdoin College (28)
- Wesleyan University (23)
- Hamilton College (26)
- Tufts University (25)
- Connecticut College (29)
- Haverford College (30)
- Bard College (31)
- Vassar College (32)
- Fordham University (33)