Hatfield, MA — Today, the fourth Dunlop Men's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
Ranking positions 4 – 9 were reshuffled with Drexel’s 5-4 victory over Penn combined with Penn’s 5-4 victory over St. Lawrence. Harvard and Columbia moved up into into the 4th and 5th positions. Drexel has achieved their highest ranking in program history, 6th. Penn, St. Lawrence, and Dartmouth move down into the 7th – 9th positions.
Similarly, positions 20 – 28 changed. Dickson’s wins over Wesleyan and Colby moved the Red Devils up to the 22nd spot. Wesleyan’s victory over Hamilton and Hamilton’s victory over Tufts shifted Wesleyan to 23rd, Hamilton to 24th, and Tufts to 25th.
As a reminder, the College Squash Association has three ranking phases per season:
- Preseason: CSA varsity coaches will vote on the top-25 varsity teams for the preseason ranking. The Ranking Chair and the Executive Administrator will determine the remaining varsity ranking positions.
- Manual Rankings (November – January 24th): The Executive Administrator and the Ranking Chair will rank all varsity teams manually.
- Computerized Rankings (January 25th – Team Championships): The College Squash Association will rank teams that have played at least five matches utilizing the Elo ranking methodology. If needed, the Ranking Chair may adjust a non-varsity team’s ranking position.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the Dunlop Men's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of 12/11/2016. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Trinity College (1)
- Yale University (2)
- Rochester, University of (3)
- Harvard University (5)
- Columbia University (7)
- Drexel University (9)
- Pennsylvania, University of (6)
- St. Lawrence University (4)
- Dartmouth College (8)
- Cornell University (10)
- Princeton University (11)
- George Washington University (12)
- Franklin & Marshall College (13)
- Naval Academy (14)
- Middlebury College (15)
- Brown University (16)
- Bates College (17)
- Western Ontario, University of (18)
- Williams College (19)
- Amherst College (21)
- MIT (22)
- Dickinson College (27)
- Wesleyan University (20)
- Hamilton College (28)
- Tufts University (23)
- Colby College (24)
- Hobart College (25)
- Bowdoin College (26)
- Connecticut College (29)
- Haverford College (30)
- Bard College (31)
- Vassar College (32)
- Fordham University (33)