Hatfield, MA — Today, the fourth Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
After a pair of 6-3 wins against St. Lawrence and Hamilton, Tufts jumps inside the top 20. The Jumbos land at 19th, followed by St. Lawrence and Hamilton.
With victories over Wesleyan and Colby, not to mention a November win against William Smith, Dickinson jumped to the 23rd position. Wesleyan’s 5-4 victory over William Smith gave the Cardinals the 24th position, followed by William Smith. Colby’s losses to Dickinson and William Smith dropped the Mules to 26th.
As a reminder, the College Squash Association has three ranking phases per season:
- Preseason: CSA varsity coaches will vote on the top-25 varsity teams for the preseason ranking. The Ranking Chair and the Executive Administrator will determine the remaining varsity ranking positions.
- Manual Rankings (November – January 24th): The Executive Administrator and the Ranking Chair will rank all varsity teams manually.
- Computerized Rankings (January 25th – Team Championships): The College Squash Association will rank teams that have played at least five matches utilizing the Elo ranking methodology. If needed, the Ranking Chair may adjust a non-varsity team’s ranking position.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of 12/11/2016. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Harvard University (1)
- Pennsylvania, University of (2)
- Trinity College (3)
- Princeton University (4)
- Stanford University (5)
- Yale University (6)
- Columbia University (7)
- Cornell University (8)
- Dartmouth College (9)
- Brown University (10)
- Williams College (11)
- George Washington University (12)
- Franklin and Marshall College (13)
- Drexel University (14)
- Middlebury College (15)
- Bates College (16)
- Amherst College (17)
- Bowdoin College (18)
- Tufts University (21)
- St. Lawrence University (19)
- Hamilton College (20)
- Wellesley College (22)
- Dickinson College (25)
- Wesleyan University (24)
- William Smith College (26)
- Colby College (23)
- Vassar College (27)
- Mount Holyoke College (28)
- Connecticut College (29)
- Haverford College (30)