Stamford, CT — The 2016 Men’s College Squash Association Individual Championships were held at Chelsea Piers (CT) on March 4th – 6th.
The Pool Trophy (A Division) featured the top 16 players in the nation. Here are the winners of the draws:
- Main Draw: Ahmed Abdel Khalek (Bates) defeated Ryosei Kobayashi (Rochester) for the Pool Trophy (individual title).
- Consolation Draw: Ahmed Bayoumy (St. Lawrence) defeated Marwan Mahmoud (Penn) to win the 1st consolation draw.
The Molloy Cup (B Division) had many exciting matches. Below are the winners of the four flights. Each flight winner was named a Second Team All-American.
- Flight A: Kah Wah Cheong (Yale) defeated Affeeq Ismail (Trinity).
- Flight B: Lenard Puski (St. Lawrence) defeated Gustav Runersjo (Cornell).
- Flight C: Tomotaka Endo (Rochester) defeated Atticus Kelly (Drexel).
- Flight D: Hayes Murphy (Penn) defeated Tom De Mulder (Trinity).
The College Squash Association will be highlighting many of the matches through photos and videos during the offseason; however, we wanted to give readers a glimpse of some of the coming attractions with a photo gallery that shows different teams from the two championship weekends.
Click on the thumbnails to view a larger version of each photo. For additional photos from the 2016 Men’s National Team Championships, 2016 Women’s National Team Championships, and the 2016 Individual Championships, please visit mtbello.com.