Hatfield, MA — Today, the eighth Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
This is the first week of the new computerized ranking. Earlier this week, an article explaining the computerized ranking methodology was published.
In New Haven last weekend, Yale defeated Stanford, 7-2. This shuffled the 4th – 6th ranking positions. Yale is currently 4th, but 5th-ranked Trinity is close to overtaking the Bulldogs. Stanford lands at 6th.
Conn College edged Mount Holyoke, 5-4. The two schools switched positions. Conn moves into the 27th position, while Mount Holyoke becomes 28th.
At the conclusion of the regular season, club and emerging club programs will be ranked with varsity teams for seeding the Team Championships.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of January 31, 2016. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking and their ELO point total.
- Harvard University (1; 1278.269)
- Pennsylvania, University of (2; 1247.928)
- Princeton University (3; 1221.646)
- Yale University (6; 1198.264)
- Trinity College (5; 1198.259)
- Stanford University (4; 1198.015)
- Columbia University (7; 1170.958)
- Cornell University (8; 1152.177)
- Drexel University (9; 1133.849)
- Brown University (12; 1113.952)
- Dartmouth College (10; 1111.268)
- Williams College (11; 1111.052)
- Franklin and Marshall College (14; 1086.876)
- George Washington University (13; 1081.077)
- Middlebury College (15; 1065.830)
- Amherst College (16; 1042.630)
- Bowdoin College (17; 1038.068)
- Hamilton College (19; 1014.960)
- Bates College (18; 1014.935)
- Colby College (20; 990.211)
- Wellesley College (22; 989.852)
- St. Lawrence University (21; 989.803)
- Wesleyan University (23; 972.606)
- Dickinson College (26; 955.730)
- Tufts University (24; 955.556)
- William Smith College (25; 955.034)
- Connecticut College (28; 927.268)
- Mount Holyoke College (27; 926.978)
- Vassar College (29; 900.373)
- Haverford College (30; 864.337)