Northampton, MA — On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs:
Here are a few reminders…
- Team Rankings: Rankings will be reviewed on Monday evening (6 PM ET). If your results are not posted to the US Squash Scoring System, they will not be considered for ranking purposes. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. In addition, the sooner results are submitted to the US Squash Scoring System, the greater the chance that your team will be mentioned in the Sunday evening “Around the Courts” article.
- Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday.
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: As a reminder, make sure your results include all players who participated in the match. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered. Please contact Dent Wilkens (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance fixing match results with “Not on Roster” players.
- WCSA teams that will be removed from the rankings unless “Not on Roster” players are fixed immediately – as of 12/6: Bucknell (Johns Hopkins and Georgetown matches); and Northeastern (Wellesley match)
- MCSA teams that will be removed from the rankings unless “Not on Roster” players are fixed immediately – as of 12/6: Ithaca (Siena match); Vermont (BC, Bryant, and Northeastern matches); University of Washington (Richmond match)
- MCSA teams that need to fix “Not on Roster” players (1st warning) – as of 12/6: Duke (Chicago and USC matches)
- Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships. If a match was not played, enter it as a “double default.”
- Instructions for US Squash Scoring System: Here are links to the instructions on how to add/remove players from your rosters and enter match results. If you need to be added as the contact in the US SquashScoring System, please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com).
- Add/Remove Players: http://collegesquashassociation.com/wp-content/uploads/New-Site-CSA-coach-player-add-delete-documentation.pdf
- Enter Match Results: http://collegesquashassociation.com/wp-content/uploads/New-Site-CSA-coach-score-entry-documentation.pdf
- Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th.
- At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Unless a petition for an exemption is made to the Tournament Director, teams must submit and bring at least 9 players to Team Championships.