Northampton, MA — Today, the eighth Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
Tufts moved to the 25th ranking position after defeating both William Smith and Conn College. Georgetown also moved up the rankings after besting Virginia.
Colgate made the biggest move of the week, jumping eight spots, by beating Smith College.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
Below are the Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of January 26, 2014. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Harvard University (1)
- Trinity College (2)
- Pennsylvania, University of (3)
- Princeton University (4)
- Yale University (5)
- Cornell University (6)
- Stanford University (7)
- Dartmouth College (8)
- Columbia University (9)
- Brown University (10)
- George Washington University (11)
- Bates College (12)
- Drexel University (13)
- Williams College (14)
- Hamilton College (15)
- Middlebury College (16)
- Amherst College (17)
- Franklin and Marshall College (18)
- St. Lawrence University (19)
- Bowdoin College (20)
- Wesleyan University (21)
- Mount Holyoke College (22)
- Wellesley College (23)
- Colby College (24)
- Tufts University (28)
- William Smith College (25)
- Connecticut College (26)
- Georgetown University (30)
- Virginia, University of (27)
- Boston College (29)
- Johns Hopkins University (31)
- Haverford College (32)
- Northeastern University* (33)
- Colgate University (42)
- Smith College (34)
- Rochester, University of* (35)
- Northwestern University (36)
- Fordham University (37)
- Minnesota, University of (38)
- Denison University* (39)
- Washington University in St. Louis (40)
- Notre Dame, University of (41)
- Bucknell University (43)
- Vanderbilt University* (NR)
* = Not competing at Team Championships