Northampton, MA — Today, the fifth Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
After defeating Bowdoin, 5-4, St. Lawrence moves into the 19th place in the rankings. Meanwhile, Mount Holyoke moved ahead of Wesleyan thanks to the Lyons’ 5-4 victory over the Cardinals.
In a matchup of Boston-based teams, Tufts defeated Boston College. The Jumbos moved up four spots to 28th.
Denison makes their debut in the rankings after defeating Washington in St. Louis. The Big Red take the 41st position.
Colgate was removed from the rankings due to “Not on Roster” players in their match results. They received multiple warnings. They will reenter the rankings in the ranking cycle after they enter the players in the US Squash scoring system for the matches with “Not on Roster” players.
Team are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
Below are the Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of December 8, 2013. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Harvard University (1)
- Trinity College (2)
- Pennsylvania, University of (3)
- Princeton University (4)
- Yale University (5)
- Cornell University (6)
- Stanford University (7)
- Dartmouth College (8)
- Brown University (9)
- Bates College (10)
- Columbia University (11)
- George Washington University (12)
- Franklin and Marshall College (13)
- Drexel University (14)
- Williams College (15)
- Hamilton College (16)
- Middlebury College (17)
- Amherst College (18)
- St. Lawrence University (24)
- Bowdoin College (19)
- Mount Holyoke College (21)
- Wesleyan University (20)
- Wellesley College (22)
- Colby College (23)
- William Smith College (25)
- Connecticut College (26)
- Virginia, University of (27)
- Tufts University (32)
- Boston College (28)
- Georgetown University (29)
- Johns Hopkins University (30)
- Haverford College (31)
- Northeastern University (33)
- Smith College (34)
- California (35)
- New York University (36)
- Rochester, University of (37)
- Northwestern University (38)
- Fordham University (39)
- Minnesota, University of (40)
- Denison University (NR)
- Washington University in St. Louis (41)
- Notre Dame, University of (42)