On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts:
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs:
A few reminders…
- Team Rankings: Preseason team rankings will be released this week. After that, we will begin the normal ranking cycle, so please get in the habit of submitting results ASAP.
- Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Next week, we will have the first players of the week for the season. For the first week of the honor, we will cover the period of 10/15 – 11/10. Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday (11/11).
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by using the following link
- Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
- Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: As a reminder, make sure your results include all players who participated in the match. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered.
- Instructions for US Squash Scoring System: Here are links to the instructions on how to add/remove players from your rosters and enter match results. If you need to be added as the contact in the US Squash Scoring System, please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com).