Northampton, MA — Over the summer, the College Squash Association’s rules were reviewed by the men’s and women’s Executive Committees. A number of changes were enacted that should strengthen the College Squash Association. Below is a summary of these changes. The complete rules can be found through the links in each section.
These rules are effective for the 2013 – 2014 season. Coaches and Team Contacts need to be familiar with these rule updates.
- New rules for both the MCSA and WCSA. This replaces the WCSA’s All-American rules and selected sections of the MCSA and WCSA Bylaws
- Updated the list of approved eyewear
- Changed “In the event of a player not having approved eyewear and a suitable replacement not being found, the player may forfeit the match” to “In the event of a player not having approved eyewear and a suitable replacement not being found, the player must forfeit the match”
- Defined the end of the regular season as the Sunday prior to the National Team Championship
- Deleted the Event Lineup section
- Added Minimum Number of Players Per Team section: “For a regular season matches to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.”
- Created a new section that defines preexisting sportsmanship expectations for student-athletes, coaches, staff and spectators
To see exact changes, please refer to the “Last Update on″ link at the bottom of the each modified rule change.