Northampton, MA — Today, the fifth Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
There was a lot of movement in the rankings this week. After Penn defeated Trinity, the Quakers took over the fourth ranking position. F&M defeated Bates to move into the 14th position.
Teams in the 16 – 20 range appear to be incredibly close. Amherst defeated Hamilton and Wesleyan to take the 16th position. Bowdoin defeated Wesleyan. Wesleyan defeated Mount Holyoke.
Not to be outdone, Drexel continues its rise in the rankings. After defeating Colby, 6-3, the Dragons moved to 21st. Conn moves to 24th after victories over Tufts and St. Lawrence.
Northeastern defeated Haverford and Smith to jump to 34th.
Team are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of January 20, 2013. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Princeton University (1)
- Harvard University (2)
- Yale University (3)
- Pennsylvania, University of (Penn) (5)
- Trinity College (4)
- Cornell University (6)
- Stanford University (7)
- Dartmouth College (8)
- Brown University (9)
- Williams College (10)
- Middlebury College (11)
- Columbia University (14)
- George Washington University (12)
- Franklin and Marshall College (15)
- Bates College (13)
- Amherst College (19)
- Bowdoin College (20)
- Wesleyan University (17)
- Hamilton College (16)
- Mount Holyoke College (18)
- Drexel University (23)
- Colby College (21)
- Boston College (22)
- Connecticut College (28)
- Tufts University (24)
- Wellesley College (25)
- St. Lawrence University (26)
- William Smith College (27)
- Georgetown University (29)
- Johns Hopkins University (30)
- Bucknell University (31)
- Virginia, University of (32)
- Vassar College (33)
- Northeastern University (36)
- Haverford College (34)
- Smith College (35)
- Rochester, University of (Not Playing Championships – 37)
- New York University (38)
- Washington University in St. Louis (Emerging Team – 39)
- Minnesota, University of (40)
- Notre Dame, University of (Emeging Team) (41)
- North Carolina, University of (Not Playing Championships – 42)