Northampton, MA — Today, the fourth Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings of the season were released.
There is a new top-ranked team in the nation, Princeton. The Tigers defeated Harvard, 5-4, to gain the top position. With many upcoming head-to-head match-ups, the teams in the top five ranking positions will be jockeying for position going into team championships.
Wesleyan assumes the 17th ranking position after a December victory over Mount Holyoke.
Colgate was removed from the rankings due to “Not on Roster” players in their match results. They received multiple warnings. They will reenter the rankings in the ranking cycle after they enter the players in the US Squash scoring system for the matches with “Not on Roster” players.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the Dunlop Women's College Squash Association Team Rankings as of January 13, 2013. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Princeton University (4)
- Harvard University (1)
- Yale University (2)
- Trinity College (3)
- Pennsylvania, University of (Penn) (5)
- Cornell University (6)
- Stanford University (7)
- Dartmouth College (8)
- Brown University (9)
- Williams College (10)
- Middlebury College (11)
- George Washington University (12)
- Bates College (13)
- Columbia University (14)
- Franklin and Marshall College (15)
- Hamilton College (16)
- Wesleyan University (18)
- Mount Holyoke College (17)
- Amherst College (19)
- Bowdoin College (20)
- Colby College (21)
- Boston College (22)
- Drexel University (23)
- Tufts University (24)
- Wellesley College (25)
- St. Lawrence University (26)
- William Smith College (27)
- Connecticut College (28)
- Georgetown University (29)
- Johns Hopkins University (30)
- Bucknell University (31)
- Virginia, University of (32)
- Vassar College (33)
- Haverford College (34)
- Smith College (35)
- Northeastern University (37)
- Rochester, University of (38)
- New York University (39)
- Washington University in St. Louis (40)
- Minnesota, University of (41)
- Notre Dame, University of (42)
- North Carolina, University of (43)