Northampton, MA — On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to CSA coaches, team contacts, and Sports Information Directors.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs,
A few reminders:
- Training Trips: If any teams are heading out on training trips, the CSA would like to publish an article from your captains or players on the experience. Please submit articles to me upon your return. These may be rough and I will clean the articles up.
- Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition Awards: As the semester winds down, just a reminder that to qualify for Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition Awards, players must submit certifications/transcripts to me by February 10th. More information about these awards will be published on the CSA website soon.
- Recording Results: Please enter your match scores ASAP. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. In addition, the quicker results are submitted to the US Squash Scoring System, the greater the chance that your team is mentioned in the Sunday evening “Around the Courts” article.
- Updated Instructions on the US Squash Scoring System:US Squash updated its site. The instructions on the CSA website have been updated:
- Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
- Matches that are overdue: The following matches are overdue and need to be reported. Penalties will be applied if these matches are not recorded. If the match was not played, please delete the match from the US Squash Scoring System.
- MCSA Overdue Matches (as of 7:30 PM on 12/9):
- 12/01: Cornell/Penn State
- 12/02: Lehigh/Lafayette
- 12/02: UNC/NC State
- 12/02: Northwestern/USC
- 12/02: Williams/Princeton
- WCSA Overdue Matches (as of 7:30 PM on 12/9):
- None prior to 12/08
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players:A few teams still have “Not on Roster” players in their match results. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered.
- WCSA Matches with “Not on Roster” players (as of 7:30 PM on 12/9)
- Colgate (12/01 Colgate/Hamilton Match)
- MCSA Matches with “Not on Roster” players (as of 7:30 PM on 12/9)
- Colgate (12/01 Colgate/Wesleyan Match)
- Lafayette (12/02 Lafayette/Virginia Match)