Amherst, MA — The 2012 Women’s College Squash Association Individual Championships were held at Amherst College earlier this month.
The Ramsay Cup (A Division) featured the 32 top players in the nation. Here are the winners of the three draws:
- Main Draw: Amanda Sobhy (Harvard) defeated Millie Tomlinson (Yale) for the Ramsay Cup (individual title)
- 1st Consolation Draw: Yarden Odinak (Penn) defeated Alicia Rodriguez Acosta (Trinity) to win the 1st consolation draw
- 2nd Consolation Draw: Catalina Pelaez (Trinity) defeated Haley Mendez (Harvard) to win the 2nd consolation draw
The Holleran Cup (B Division) had many exciting matches during the six rounds. Here are the winners of the three draws:
- Main Draw: Shihui Mao (Yale) defeated Robyn Hodgson (Trinity) for the Holleran Cup
- 1st Consolation Draw: Andrea Echeverria (Trinity) defeated Katherine Savage (Amherst)
- 2nd Consolation Draw: Jacqueline Shea (George Washington) defeated Rachel Au (Cornell) to win the 2nd consolation draw
The College Squash Association will be highlighting many of the matches through photos and videos during the offseason; however, we wanted to give readers a glimpse of some of the coming attractions with a photo gallery. Next week, we will highlight the Men’s College Squash Association Individual Championships.
Click on the thumbnails to view a larger version of each photo. For additional photos from the 2012 Howe Cup, 2012 Men’s National Team Championships, and the 2012 Individual Championships, please visit mtbello.com. We did our best to identify players in each photo, but there are many unidentified players (especially in the candids galleries). If you could help, please contact us.