On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDS,
A few reminders:
- Award Nominations: Award nominations are due February 1st: Richey Award (Women’s Player and Sportswoman of the Year) – teams may not nominate their own players; Wetzel Award (Best Women’s Senior Player to Learn Squash in College) – certification form required: Skillman Award (Men’s Senior Sportsmanship); and Lifetime Achievement and Hall of Fame
- Scholar Athlete Nominations: Scholar Athlete nominations are due February 10th. Please note that late submissions will be ineligible for the award.
- Recording Results: Please enter your match scores ASAP. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. As always, rankings will be calculated at 6 pm ET on Monday.
- Men’s Team Championships: The men’s team championships are slated to be very large this season. As a reminder, teams ranked 1 – 32 will be in Princeton, NJ, at either Princeton University or Lawrenceville. Teams ranked 33 and on will play in Philadelphia. Few teams have made hotel reservations for Philadelphia. The hotel deals have been extended again.
- Hotels for Championships: As a reminder, here is a link to the hotel information for the Women’s Team Championships (Howe Cup), Men’s Team Championships, and Individuals.
- Championship Line-up Submittals: As a reminder, teams must submit line-ups for team championships by Monday at 12 PM prior to team championships. For the men, this will be February 13th at 12 PM ET and for the women this will be February 20th at 12 PM ET. More information about the submittal process will be forthcoming.
- Men’s CSA 6-match minimum: Please remember that the MCSA requires all non-emerging teams participating in the team championships to play at least 6 regular season matches.
- Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET Monday (1/30). Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship. Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by contacting Michael T. Bello.
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: A few men’s teams still have “Not on Roster” players in their match results: Lafayette and Vermont. These teams will be held out of the rankings until this is resolved. Please note that teams may not enter Team Championships unless they are ranked (except for Emerging Teams).