On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDS,
A few reminders as the second half of the season begins:
- Men’s Team Championships: The men’s team championships are slated to be very large this season. As a reminder, teams ranked 1 – 32 will be in Princeton, NJ, at either Princeton University or Lawrenceville. Teams ranked 33 and on will play in Philadelphia. Few teams have made hotel reservations for Philadelphia. The hotel deals close very soon.
- Hotels for Championships: As a reminder, here is a link to the hotel information for the Women’s Team Championships (Howe Cup), Men’s Team Championships, and Individuals.
- Club Teams Entering Team Championships: For club teams planning to enter team championships, you must send an e-mail to Dent Wilkens by 1/15/2012 declaring your intent to play the team championships. Please note that you must be ranked and be eligible to enter the 9-player divisions.
- Men’s CSA 6-match minimum: Please remember that the MCSA requires all non-emerging teams participating in the team championships to play at least 6 regular season matches. At present, the following teams that either played at team championships last season or are currently ranked do not have enough matches scheduled to meet the minimum requirement: California Berkeley (6 needed), Charleston (6 needed), Dayton (5 needed), Duke (2 needed), Lafayette (5 needed), Lehigh (4 needed), Maryland (4 needed), UNC (4 needed), Northwestern (2 needed), Purdue (2 needed), Sewanee (5 needed), USC (6 needed), Vanderbilt (4), and Virginia (4 needed)
- Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET Monday (1/9). Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship. Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by contacting Michael T. Bello.
- Awards: We have started publishing articles concerning post season awards. To date information about Scholar Athlete Nominations (due 2/10/12) and the Wetzel Award (due 2/1) are online.
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: A few men’s teams still have “Not on Roster” players in their match results: Illinois Springfield, Lafayette, and Vermont. These teams will be held out of the rankings until this is resolved. Please note that teams may not enter Team Championships unless they are ranked (except for Emerging Teams).
- Recording Results: Please enter your match scores ASAP. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results.