Northampton, MA — Today, the e-mail below was sent to coaches, team contacts, and sports information directors.
Coaches and Team Contacts,
Four items as we approach Team Championships:
1. Results: Please enter your team’s results from this weekend TODAY, especially for women’s teams. We need to finalize the rankings to set the draws for Howe Cup.
2. Submit Lineups for Team Championships: If your team is participating in the National Team Championships, please submit your line-ups to me. The lineup sheet may be downloaded and is also attached. Late submittals will NOT be permitted. (Deadlines are listed below.)
- For Women’s Team Championships (Howe Cup): Women’s line-ups are due by 12 PM ET (noon) on February 14th. By 8 PM ET on Monday, February 14th, we will circulate the line-ups. You have until 5 PM ET on Tuesday, February 15th to protest anyone’s line-up. Protests must be as detailed as possible, with supporting information, and must be directed to the Executive Administrator. Protests will be evaluated and final line-ups will be posted on the CSA website on the afternoon of Wednesday, February 16th. We have already received lineups from the following schools: Colby College; Connecticut College; Northeastern University; Tufts University
- For Men’s Team Championships: Men’s line-ups are due by 12 PM ET (noon) on February 21st. By 8 PM ET on Monday, February 22nd, we will circulate the line-ups. You have until 5 PM ET on Tuesday, February 23rd to protest anyone’s line-up. Protests must be as detailed as possible, with supporting information, and must be directed to the Executive Administrator. Protests will be evaluated and final line-ups will be posted on the CSA website on the afternoon of Wednesday, February 24th. we have already received lineups from the following schools: Charleston, College of; Washington, University of
Teams may submit line-ups of 11 players; however, only the top 10 players are eligilbe to compete in the top 9 ladder positions.
If you do not submit your team’s line-up, we will have to use the last line-up listed in the US Squash scoring system. Even if this is the correct line-up, please submit the form prior to the deadline. Since some teams have players listed as “Not on Roster” in the US Squash scoring system, these spots will be automatic defaults at Team Championships if we have to use your last line-up.
Please bring copies of your line-ups to Team Championships.
3. Executive Committees: There will be openings on both the men’s and women’s Executive Committees. Varsity coaches, please consider joining the Executive Committees. It is a rewarding experience and allows you the opportunity to shape the future of the College Squash Association. Please let Shona Kerr (women’s president) and Bob Callahan (men’s president) know if you are interested or have any questions about Executive Committee positions.
4. Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET Monday (2/14). Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship. Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by contacting the Executive Administrator. Last Week’s Winners: Shara Robertson (Mount Holyoke) and Valentin Quan (Middlebury)
Thank you and we look forward to seeing everyone at the tournaments.