Northampton, MA — The 2010 Liberty League Men’s squash honors were divided between the University of Rochester and St. Lawrence University.
Rochester’s Benjamin Fisher won the Player of the Year honor. The sophomore from Switzerland went 10-3 during the regular season and made it to the semifinals of the Individual Championships.
St. Lawrence’s Amay Merchant and Rochester’s Andres Duany were co-Rookies of the Year. Merchant went 12-15 during his first season of collegiate play. He won the consolation draw of the Molloy Cup at the Individual Championships. Duany went 10-3 during the regular season, which included the clinching victory in Rochester’s 5-4 victory over Princeton University.
Rochester’s Martin Heath and St. Lawrence’s Chris Abpalanp earned co-Coach of the Year honors. Heath led the Yellowjackets to the number four ranking in the nation, while Abpalanp guided the Saints to a national ranking of sixteenth.
In addition, the Liberty League named its 2010 First-Team:
- Hameed Ahmed (University of Rochester)
- Jim Bristow (University of Rochester)
- Alex Dodge (St. Lawrence University)
- Matt Domenick (University of Rochester)
- Andres Duany (University of Rochester)
- Benjamin Fischer (University of Rochester)
- Amay Merchant (St. Lawrence University)
- William Newnham (University of Rochester)
- Daniel Pelaez (Hobart College)
- Tyler Stout (St. Lawrence University)