Northampton, MA — Vassar College swept the Women’s Liberty League Squash Awards this season. The Brewers captured the Coach of the Year, Player of the Year, and the Rookie of the Year honors.
To earn the Coach of the Year Award, Jane Parker led Vassar to its second straight Liberty League title. Parker’s squad finished the season with a 9 – 7 record and a ranking of 18th in the nation. The Brewers finished second in the Walker Cup (C Division) of the National Team Championships (Howe Cup).
Emilie Kraft earned her third consecutive Liberty League Player of the Year honor. During her four-year career, Kraft had a 48 – 27 record. She will be missed next season.
In her first season of collegiate play, Libby Pei went 10 – 6. Her impressive debut season, which included sweeping Liberty League rivals William Smith and Saint Lawrence, earned her the Rookie of the Year honor.
In addition, the Liberty League named its 2010 First-Team:
- Kristine Bell (Vassar College)
- Hope Blinkoff (Vassar College)
- Sarah Hallberg (William Smith)
- Medora Hartz (William Smith)
- Emilie Kraft (Vassar College)
- Caitlyn Ly (Vassar College)
- Katie Mullen (William Smith)
- Meg North (St. Lawrence University)
- Libby Pei (Vassar College)
- Frances Robinson (St. Lawrence University)
- Alyssa Smith (St. Lawrence University)
- Julia Steck (William Smith)