Northampton, MA — Fifteen of the forty-four women’s college squash teams in the United States are club programs. In recognition of this fact, CollegeSquashAssociation.com is publishing a subset of the latest team rankings that only lists club teams.
At the close of the first semester, Georgetown and Columbia are the top club teams in the nation. Columbia, last year’s top club, is slated to enter the varsity ranks in 2011. Georgetown has quickly emerged on the women’s squash scene. The Hoyas won the Emerging Team’s Division at the 2007 – 2008 National Team Championships (Howe Cup) and last season finished the season ranked 27th in the nation. In the latest rankings, the squad moved from 27th to 22nd.
Below are the club standings as of December 8, 2009. Listed after each school’s name is their current official team ranking.
- Georgetown University (22)
- Columbia University (24)
- Northeastern University (28)
- Colgate University (32)
- Vermont, University of (33)
- California Berkeley, University of (34)
- Boston College (35)
- Drexel University (36)
- Rochester, University of (37)
- Notre Dame, University of (38)
- Virginia, University of (39)
- Vanderbilt University (40)
- Naval Academy (41)
- New York University (42)
- Washington, University (44)